Does anyone know what kind of finacial aid im eligble for?

Question:I'm having a kid soon and my income will be less then 1000 dollars a month, my bf will be unemployed and i can claim that i pay 1500 for rent a month. Does anyone know what i can get and how to go about it

once the child is born you will be considered a independent student. you should be able to get full financial aid such as pell grants, eof and state aid your state has to offer. the most important thing to do is to wait until your child is born to apply for financial aid. also if you can't complete an associate degree in 3 years don't apply now because once the three years are up you do not get any more money for the associtate degree and you will have to go to a 4 year college to finish your degree which might be harder to finish.
You could check out FAFSA [Free Application for Federal Student Aid]

Who is eligible to receive Federal Student Aid?
To be eligible to receive federal student aid, you must meet certain requirements. You must:

* Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
* Have a valid Social Security number (unless you're from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau)
* Comply with Selective Service registration, if required (see for more information)
* Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate or pass an approved ability-to-benefit (ATB) test
* Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program at a school that participates in the federal student aid programs

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Social welfare entitlements and college?
  • Community Colleges Finiacial Aid?
  • Scholarship at Conneaut, Ohio?
  • How to stop student loan wage garnishments if you agreed to make default payments?
  • How can I sign up for a pell grant online?
  • If my mother applied for the PLUS loan then why can't I accept the loan online? How do I/she accept it?
  • Does anybody know whats the income limit to receive a pell grant from FAFSA?
  • Can my retiered mom get subsidy help for her rent?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.