Can i instead do this?

Question:for financial aid it look slike it is goin to be too hard to claim independecy so can i just block my parents from claiming so they wont benefit off me?

No. If you cannot answer yes to any of the dependency questions, then your parent(s) information must be provided.

Once your FAFSA is complete and the school has received the ISIR (the electronic form of the SAR (Student Aid Report)) then you can submit an appeal to the financial aid office concerning using your parents income in the determination of your EFC (Expected Family Contribution). However, unless there are extenuating circumstances (such as a parent is incarcerated or institutionalized, etc) an appeal you most likely be denied; they won't approve an appeal just because you don't want to use your parent(s) income information.

You should talk to a financial aid officer at your school for more information/guidance. Good luck!
no see the fafsa people are really mean they will only consider you an independent if you are married or are of 22 years or more

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Will the aggregate loan limit ever be extended?
  • Hi, im 15 i wanted to know .?
  • Money for college...?
  • Advice for best way to pay for college?
  • Educational opportunity programs?
  • How would I appily for a government grant for college?
  • Single Father of twins, Need financial assistance! Going to school w/ no job. Is there any help for me?
  • Are there any other options for a student loan?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.