Could someone please direct me as to how to apply for a form that would allow me to get a government grant.?

Question:Both my husband and I are disabled, he has MS and I have COPD. Our bathroom and bedrooms are upstairs and is becoming more & more difficult to climb the stairs several times a day. If we could obtain the form we could apply for assistance to build a bedroom and bath on the first floor.
Thanking you in advance for any help you can give us.

Contact your local MS society for help.
There are programs and/or insurance that will help pay for a chair lift for your stairs but I doubt any will pay to remodel your house. I think they would expect you to adopt the less costly solution of moving to someplace with bedroom and bath on the main floor.
grants are not available to individuals but there are agencies that can help you get the things you need most likely in your neighborhood. see the following article on grants
I found interesting information about your answer, college loans, scholarships, college grants & partime works here.
Good luck!

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • What is the maximum amount that 100% Florida Bright Futures can pay towards my tuition for classes?
  • College student no job need cash assistance and food stamps where to go for help?
  • What is the best choice for a student loan?
  • I am a hispanic male, with a 4.0 GPA. What scholarships could i be eligible for?
  • Why is my Sallie Mae Federal Stafford Loan taking so long to be approved?
  • Is it possible to find a sponsorship or a learnership?
  • Do i get it every year ?
  • Age limit?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.