Can a single female with no kids and no diploma get assist.?

Question:I want to be able to support myself by myself without having to depend on anyone. I need to get out my currant situation. I have a job and a car. I have a car note.

I do not have a place of my own. I'm tired of not having at least my own room, drawers and a closet for my clothes.

I've lost everything I own more than once and people keep taking my things. I'm tired of replacing things because someone else thinks they need them more than me.

Well, pretty much the only way to get out of your situation is education. Go to your local school district and find out when they offer GED classes, take them, and get your high school diploma. Then decide what occupation you would like to be in, figure out whether it needs college or vocational training, and find out what you have to do to get into that training. Do not fall for the proprietary schools that will charge you thousands of dollars to get a job which will turn out to be worth little more than minimum wage. There is a good chance that the course they are offering is also offered by a local community college at a much lower price. If you decide on something that requires college, go to the admissions office where you want to go and find out how they work with non-traditional students. They will be able to tell you how to get in and also help you with financial aid.

All this may take a while, but it will be worth it in the long run! Good luck!
Best thing you can do is move in with your parents or someone who is willing to let you live there for a while and get your GED, or go back to adult school and get your diploma. In the world we live in today you have to have either to get a decent job. Unless you hit the lotto. It's probably the best thing you can do right now.
Hopefully everything gets solved.
The information you gave is very vague. Different states have different guidelines for their welfare programs - if that is what you are talking about - so you would have to search to find your states guidelines.

Usually you can find that kind of info at www.(yourstate).gov
If that's what you want to do, give it a try, but many states will make you liquidate all but your bare-bones necessities in order to qualify. That would mean getting rid of your car. Their argument would be that you can use public transportation.

If I were in your shoes, I would practice patience, save money, don't spurge on yourself or others - get a little nest egg and use that to launch yourself into your own place. You might qualify for Chapter 8 assistance that way.

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • I am a male in nursing school. I got an email for a female only scholarship. How does this promote diversity
  • How can i get a student loan without a cosigner?/any really good scholarship websites?
  • Question about financial aid, REALLY IMPORTANT?
  • Can a state withhold grant money from someone who violated their probation.?
  • CA single mother educational assistance. Impact of marriage?
  • Are grants free of fees how soon can u get them?
  • When should I start applying for scholarships?
  • How do I know if I'm able to use my dad's Va benefits toward my education?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.