Do you have to show Tax Returns,etc,in order to get government finanicial aid for college?

Question:I have never used financial aid before, so I'm wondering what I need to know. I certainly am poor enough and old enough to qualify on my own- what else do I need to know?

You will not have to SHOW your financial documents to your school unless you are selected for verification. You will need things like your tax return and w2's to compelte the fafsa.
go to fafsa web site and fill out application they will want to know adj. gross income
Theyll definitely need your w2s etc.. they may also ask how much you have in the bank.
If you r independent, the financial aid office might ask for your w-2

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Is it ever too late to start over?
  • I took out a student loan from It says that the annual percentage rate is 11.152%...?
  • I filed as a dependent on my FAFSA but now I am an independent?
  • How can I convince my mom too get a part time/ regular job?
  • Is it smarter to go to one university and not to transfer or go to a county college and then transfer...?
  • I want to go to college, how can i get started?
  • Single Father of twins, Need financial assistance! Going to school w/ no job. Is there any help for me?
  • I want to get education but my pocket does not give me permission than what wil i do?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.