College student no job need cash assistance and food stamps where to go for help?

Question:I live with a older brother and have to get my own food i have no job and need cash to get to school by bus

If you can't find a job (you might want to make sure... crappy college jobs aren't too hard to find), fill out a FAFSA ( ) for the upcoming year . First of all, the government will give grants and low-interest loans to people who demonstrate need and maintain pretty good grades. Even if you don't get any money, you can apply for "work-study" using the FAFSA, which could earn you some extra money without overburdening you with a long drive or too many hours. Work-study organizers recognize that your studies come first, so they'll work with your course schedule.
Get a JOB! I worked full-time and went to school full-time. It's hard but you can do it.
um, you can try and apply at the welfare office, but really, I dont think that you qualify. try a job instead
There are many scholarships given out by government and other organisations every year. You can try for some online government scholarships or grants. Fill up online forms and see if you are selected for the scholarship.
To know more you can visit

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • FAFSA: Loans? Grants? Both?
  • Odd Fafsa Problem?
  • A few questions about getting daycare funding through social services??
  • If i didn't get accepted for financial aide for the fall can i apply again for the spring semester.?
  • Is it possible to get a scholarship AFTER high school?
  • Trying to transfer to a school?
  • What can I do about getting royally screwed out of a scholarship?
  • How do you know how much money you will get from finacial aid?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.