You DONT need your parents info if any of the following apply to you:
1. You were born before Jan 1, 1984
2. You are working on a masters or doctorate program
3. You are married or have dependents of your own
4. Your parents are deceased or you are an orphan of the court
5. You are a veteran of the armed forces
Otherwise, you better start calling home. But you dont need to sit down with them to fill it out. If you both have internet access, you each can submit your information for the FAFSA in seperate sessions using PIN numbers. After that form is processed, most other finanical aid will use that information and may only need a parent signature.
If you have broken off all relations with them, then you will apply as an independent, and would not need their tax info.
This article contents is post by this website user, EduQnA.com doesn't promise its accuracy.
More Questions & Answers...