Do I need my parents tax return to apply for Student Aid?

Question:I left home and do not have any contact with them. I am not able to get a copy of their tax return. Anyone have any suggestions

You DONT need your parents info if any of the following apply to you:

1. You were born before Jan 1, 1984
2. You are working on a masters or doctorate program
3. You are married or have dependents of your own
4. Your parents are deceased or you are an orphan of the court
5. You are a veteran of the armed forces

Otherwise, you better start calling home. But you dont need to sit down with them to fill it out. If you both have internet access, you each can submit your information for the FAFSA in seperate sessions using PIN numbers. After that form is processed, most other finanical aid will use that information and may only need a parent signature.
If you have broken off all relations with them, then you will apply as an independent, and would not need their tax info.

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • The university of USA for studying textile engineering in PhD as scholarship?
  • Single parent,in nursing school is there any other financial aid or loan available besides the pale grant?
  • High school in US?
  • Working and schooling in europe, who can fund me, i'm 26yrs, a lady, is been my dream, i wish someone will hep
  • Where could i find information about scholarships for free?
  • How can i find a free Government grant? That is truly free.?
  • Student Loan Question!?
  • I have no credit but need a student loan?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.