Anyone please give me a list of thing that an INTERNATIONAL student needs to send to a University.?

Question:I'm going to apply for university so i need a list of things that I need to submit. It should look like this:
2.Academic Transcript
3. ......... etc. Thanks for your help in advance!

actually this differs from one school to another, but in general you need your academic transcripts, recommendations, affidavit support, an essay which expresses your goals and reasons why you chose that major and school, documents which prove your claims like if you were among outstandings in your home school and such, your publications and conference attendings reports (if you have any), documents of language qualifications if you need one. totally you need references and trusted certifications and documents for what ever you've claimed in your CV.and etc but still i recommend you to contact the school and ask from the admission office. good luck.
It depends on the university- some require more, some require less.
1. recommendations
2. academic transcripts. If they are not in English, send an original or notarized copy of the original+ an official English translation (signed by a certified translator or notarized)
3. TOEFL and GRE/GMAT/MCAT scores, depending on what you want to study (or TOEFL and SAT/ACT if you're undergrad)
4. some schools ask for immunization records, so check if the schools that you're applying to need that. It's normally records for polio, MMP, and a TB test
5. proof of finances. It's basically a form on which you list your assets and write how much financial aid you get (or expect to get) from various sources. If you expect to get a scholarship, don't worry, you can always update that later. Some schools require this form when you apply, some don't require it until after you've been admitted, so check with their office of Int'l students.
6. Some schools require an essay/ personal statement. If the application is online, you should be able to do this online
7. You might need to send a CV/resume, if you can't do it online. Again, check the school's website to see if you need to do this or not.
1.All previous transcripts from any college & or high school if never attended college
2. 5 Letters of Recomendations
3. Cover letter/Letter of intent explaining why want in program of study & your expectations from the program
4. Official Application & fee from school- usually between $25-50 USDollars
5. If ever taken SAT or ACT test results, though this is only if applicable as many international students have never taken
You don't say if you're applying to universities in the U.S. from abroad. Assuming you are, I would recommend contacting the specific universities you're interested in applying for, as each will probably have slightly different requirements. Depending on which program(s) of study you're entering, there might be different recommendations needed. I work at a university in the U.S. and this is the information we reqire of international applicants:

1. Application Form and fee.

2. School Transcripts.
These are transcripts or certificates of satisfactory study such as “A” or “O” levels, baccalaureat, bachillerato, Abitur, or other school ­certificates. These records should include an official English translation of the subjects you have studied and the grades you made in each subject. It is very important to explain the ­grading system of each school.

3. Submit a Course-by-Course Report
Students who have attended post-secondary educational institutions, ­colleges, or universities outside the United States are required to submit a professional credential evaluation of all work completed. This is generally referred to as a course-by-course report. A course-by-course report should be sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions from the evaluation service. An ­admission decision will be made once the official evaluation is on file and all other required materials are received.
If you are currently enrolled in a term or semester, you should contact the evaluation service about getting a partial evaluation done. A final evaluation will be required prior to enrollment.
A fee from the student is required for the evaluation of credentials. The payment and all contact regarding this process is done directly with the evaluation service of your choice. We will consider an evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).* The Web address is Below is the contact information for two companies that frequently provide us with evaluations.

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Educational Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173

Phone: 305-273-1616
Fax: 305-273-1338
Fax: 305-273-1984 (translations)

World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087

By express:
World Education Services, Inc.
64 Beaver Street, #146
New York, NY 10004

Phone: 212-966-6311
Fax: 212-739-6120

4. Test of English as a Foreign ­Language (TOEFL). If information is not available in your country, you can visit their Web site at or write to: TOEFL, Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541-6151, USA.

Also needed are visa information, and a certification of financial support, for which forms are included in the application.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Where is your University located at?
  • What can you do with a degree in creative writing?
  • Interior design courses in the okanagan?
  • A question about college?
  • What are the essentials for college?
  • Cambridge University's Colleges?
  • Is Speech/Debate considered a Fine Arts for the UC A-G Requirements?
  • What type of education you need to be an ultrasound tech?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.