Anesthesiology colleges.?

Question:I am going into the tenth grade this school simester. I have planned, that when I graduate in 2010, I want to be an anesthesiologist. I am looking at a few colleges but I'm not sure what college is the best. What is the best anesthesiology college in the USA? it doesn't matter what state it's in..

Anesthesiologist is a doctor, MD. So, you will need to go to medical school. So there is at least 10-12 years of post-highschool education & training required before you can be board certified in anesthesiology.

If you are interested in being a nurse anesthetist, CRNA, there are many fine schools that offer that as part of their nursing education programs.
Top schools include:
University of Pennsylvania
University of Miami

I doesn't say which is the best though...
I would definently go to Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. It's the largest public health school in the world. Receives 25% of all federally-granted research funds. It's consistently the number one ranked school in U.S. News and Johns Hopkins Hospital has topped U.S. News's ranking of American hospitals for 17 straight years. So, what I'm saying is, if you think you can get accepted there, you probably won't be sorry. And no, I'm not a student there or any way affiliated there. I'm just giving a straight-forward answer.


Generally, John Hopkins...Harvard...and UC San Fran are top medical schools.

I think internal medicine ranking would be the closest to what you are looking for.

But the general rankings should give you some guidance.
Slow down! First of all, CRNA's and anesthesiologists are not the same. You need to decide whether you are doctor material or not. If not, then maybe you could be a CRNA.

In order to do that, you need to get your RN, do a minimum of 1 year critical care work, and then apply to CRNA school. That takes about 2-21/2 years of further study.

If you want to be an anesthesiologist, you need a college degree, then 4 years of med school, then a 4 year residency.

There is no such thing as an "anesthesiology college". In order to give anesthesia, you need to already HAVE a college degree. Your choice now is nursing vs. medicine.

Once you have your college degree, you'll be in a better position to look at anesthesia programs, if that is what you still want to do.

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Why do universities give degrees in things that are unknowable?
  • The best website to buy cheap, used college textbooks that are in usable condition?
  • Sorority/Fraternity?
  • I am in Infosys BPO and i want to do MBA by correspondance and i am B.Sc. passout.?
  • If you want to become a lawyer what is a good major you should choose while your in college (undergrad)?
  • What is the best way to find out if online courses metriculate for class credit?
  • Should I transfer from my JC to a 4yr school with an Associates Degree or not bother with it at all?
  • Which university in california has most blonde girls ?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.