2. "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."- Winston Churchill
3. "No man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent." - Abraham Lincoln
4. "Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state,an intolerable one."- Thomas Paine
5. "The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy."- Woodrow Wilson
serious answers only please!
1. I think this is pretty self-explanatory -- humans are flawed and one's social status doesn't change the fact that they cannot govern perfectly -- including those of upper class status.
2. Democracy doesn't work because normal people don't understand enough to make political decisions.
3. Basically "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"...government should not take away the individual's rights.
4. Government is needed, even though it can be "intolerably" evil...reform can change that, but not completely
5. Democracy has been corrupted -- the government is controlled by businesses and people seeking profit.
Though the people support the government; the government should not support the people.(Cleveland)
1) He sounds like a libertarian, against government!
2) He doesn't think you should have a democracy, but rather a republic, where people pick others to do the governing in their stead
3) He wants government to be democratic--agreed-on by the governed people
4) He'd rather have anarchy...just people being good on their own
5) This is what we have in America--a government by the corporations, not the people at all; an invisible empire of the special interests, the military-industrial complex.
This article contents is post by this website user, EduQnA.com doesn't promise its accuracy.
More Questions & Answers...