How can I become a Special Education Teacher or a Resource Room Teacher in the US?

Question:I heard that there's a way to be a SPED teacher or a Resource Room Teacher without taking PRAXIS or CBEST exams as long as you have a year of experience and a professional license as a teacher in your home country. Could anyone clear this up for me?

Licensing options have changed dramatically in my state with the arrival of No Child Left Behind...which includes the mandate of a highly qualified teacher in each classroom. This is an excellent time of year to look for a position, if your bags are packed. If you have a state or school district in mind, I would suggest contacting them directly. Each state, and in some cases, each school district has different licensing programs/options for you since licensing is handled at the state level.
Best wishes!
I would check with your state's department of education, or the specific district that you are interested in. I know that things have changed a lot in my own area due to the desire to have Highly Qualified teachers.
Last I checked you still have to take a test in the state in which you are going to teach.

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Why is this feature common in autistic people (fragile x)?
  • Need SAP HR training in Bangalore - urgent?
  • What is the ELIGIBILITY to apply for NET SLET EXAM?
  • What type of communication device should I purchase?
  • Can a school refuse to transport my autistic son because of gas prices? They have for the last 3 yrs.?
  • I really need to improve my reading and spelling?
  • Why were kids with learning disabilities encouraged to?
  • What is graphology?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.