Can elementary students in Peru study in the U.S.A.?

Question:My two sisters who live in Peru are seven and nine. They are both good students in a private school. I was wondering if there is a way to have them study a year or so in the states. Would I have to make them apply for a student visa, or are they too young to do so. Any informantion is appreciated, thanks.

Unfortuantly it's not that easy. They are definatly to young for a student visa. That is only college level and the collegae actually has to request that's out. As to the school part anyone can enroll in a us public school all you need is their birth certificate, but of course I don't know how you'd get them in the country. If you solicit them as your siblings the wait is quite long for US citizens about 10 years..If u r a permanent resident the wait could be endless. If they are coming as a tourist well you know the drill only 90 days and they have to leave the country.
To attend a public school, their parents or guardians would have to live in the immediate area of the school. I'm sure there are some good boarding schools -- private schools and quite expensive -- that would accept them, but I can't recommend any particular one.
I'm sure that there are boarding schools in the U.S. they can attend, although at that age, I don't know of any off hand.

Otherwise, they should wait until they are in high school and do a formal exchange program.

Besides, seven and nine is just too little for them to leave home and go that far away.

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Japanese Language School that offers a Schedule. 8 week summer program.?
  • Where can I find information about Spanish university music?
  • What do you think about studying abroad?
  • Which is better, Aus/Nz for engineering study?
  • IS it possible for me to obtain a scholarship to study art overseas by just showing/using my artworks?
  • English course on Saturday morning in London?
  • What degree should I get to get a job in HR?
  • Are there any programs in China that allow college aged students to live with families when studying abroad?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.