High school extange?

Question:i want to spend a semester at a high school in another country i am looking in to the uk ,australia , or new zeland. what country do you think would be the best and most fun any other sugustains would be great english speeking countrys only please! thanks p.s this will e for either sophmore or jr year of H.S

Well, you definitely need to work on English, that's for sure. However, one of the biggest benefits of an exchange year is language immersion. This is a large investment of both time and money and it would be a shame not to get full benefit.

You can find a complete list of organizations that are certified to operate in the U.S. at www.csiet.org. I also suggest you check with your high school counselor because any organization is only as good as it's local representatives.

In general, you must be 15-18 1/2, have a decent GPA and be of good character. Program costs vary, with Rotary being the cheapest (but most competitive). Other programs range from around $5,000-$10,000 depending upon the length of stay and the country. If you wish to go to a French speaking country, two years of high school French will most likely be required.

Good luck and go for it!

This article contents is post by this website user, EduQnA.com doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Has anyone heard the name of Mediha?
  • Is it possible to earn an a degree while working at an orphanage in a foreign country?
  • How i can study befor exam ?? i have short time?
  • Should I leave or should I stay (College Related)?
  • Have you ever become an exchange student in foreign country?
  • Can I get a part time job in London if I go there for ACC? If i take my wife(non-graduate) can she get a job?
  • I m planning 2 pursue mba frm edith cowan uni. aus ,what will b d chances of job and migration 2 aus after it?
  • One problem that foreign student frequently encounter is loneliness and difficulty to making frend?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 EduQnA.com All Rights Reserved.