How can i work/study in Australia?

Question:I am a dentist currently in Manipal University in India.I am pursuing Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Masters [MDS]. After i complete MDS, i want to work and do PhD in Australia. Can anyone tell me what formalities i should complete?


OK... u got 2 missions here. Work & study in Australia. Now you have to find out your priority.

If your priority is work, then getting a skilled migration visa will be the one to go. If you got the visa, this means that you can work full-time and study part-time or vice-versa. The only downside is that the process is extremely lengthy.
2 ways to do this:
1. Apply directly thru Australian High Commissions/Embassy nearest to where you live to choose what category of immigration that you want to be. This is the cheaper way but you will need to understand all the requirements and preparations by yourself. A bit difficult if your English is not very good.
2. Apply thru immigration agency. They can make a preliminary assessment of your chance to emigrate to Australia. If you have enough point, then they will help you to prepare the documents and what to do/say during the interview. This of course come at a cost, but for some ppl it is money well spent. Some agents that I know reputable are as follows:

If your priority is study, then you can take international student visa. It is processed faster than skilled migration visa process. However with this option, you can ONLY study full-time and work part-time (20hrs/week during study period and full-time only during holiday period).

There are only 42 (soon to be 43) universities in Australia, all of them are fully accredited and they are tightly regulated, therefore the quality and recognition of their graduates are equal from wherever university you are studying from. The most important thing is you have to READ the course information carefully, since some courses may have the same name but different content.

To find out the course that you are interested in taking and where it is offered, I suggest you to go to Dept of Education, Science and Technology ( and IDP Education Australia website ( IDP is an organisation that gives information to international students who wants to continue their study in Australia. The information abt fees & requirements can be found in the university's website. Please make sure that you access the information for internationals students, since some requirements, application form and fees are different than Australians'.

Once decided on the uni, fill in the application form and send it together with certified copy of your academic qualification and your research proposal and methodology. Depending on your country of origin, you may also need to submit an IELTS test results for proof of your English proficiency (

Hope this helps. Good luck and welcome to Australia :)
Not to sure but try or
I'm quite sure you'll need to show your English ability with either TOEFL or IELTS. I'm not up to date with the present score requirements, but that should be easy enough to check, once you have found the institute you intend to study with.

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Can you use a degree from tokyo university in the US?
  • What language would be more practical to study? German or Italian?
  • What jobs are available to me with an associates degree in liberal arts?
  • What should I expect from a year-long exchange program?
  • I want 2 go newzealand or australia...?
  • Do i get admission after (General) in abroad MBA or any other course?
  • How Do you study?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.