Can anybody help me apply to a university in the united states?

Question:It's been my dream to study in America ever since I was 14 and it's been almost 5 years now. :(
I'm currently attending a university-freshman year- but I'd like to transfer to america after first year. I'm thinking the east coast because I'd like being somewhere where there's snow in the winter. Can anybody with experience help me via e-mail? or suggestions here will be just fine. Thanks a lot!

Nearly all the states on the east coast see snow during their winter months. New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, Vermont, Maryland and Washington D.C are but just a few.

The first place to start before you do anything else in regards to studying in the United States is to research and decide; A) Which location i.e state and city you want to live in and B) Which College/University is best for you dependent on the courses of study which they offer that you are interested in pursuing. The other main factor in deciding is cost, remember that the different locations all have a different cost of living and each learning institution as different prices for their tuition.

Once you have decided on the above, ask the college to send you all the relevant paperwork for admission as an international student including details about the course which you intend to study.

Then look what the requirements are to be accepted and make sure you have everything in order before sending off your application of admission to the University.

Once you have been accepted the University will issue you with the form I-20 and then you can finally start the visa process. You will be applying for a student visa (F-1).

To apply for an F-1 visa you will need to:

- Pay the SEVIS fee of $100. More information about the SEVIS fee is below and along with the website to pay it.

- Complete the visa application form DS-156, which can be found in the link below and must be filled out online.

- Complete a contact information and work history form (DS-158), found below.

- Pay the $100 Visa application fee which you pay via credit card over the phone at the time of scheduling your interview at the American Embassy in your home country. Information on scheduling a interview is found below.

- If you are male and aged between 16 and 45 then you also need to complete an additional form which is the DS-157 found below.

- Along with all of this you will need a passport valid for at least six months beyond your stay, one passport photo, evidence of funds to cover all expenses including tuition, health insurance, room and board etc. Evidence can be presented in the form of a bank statement from either yourself, parents or anyone else who will be sponsoring you showing the funds available. Also your I-20 issued from the University and finally evidence to show that you will return home at the conclusion of your studies.

I think that this about covers everything you will need to know, if you need any further help then please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to help.
Try these links:

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • I want to study abroad in Japan but how?
  • What are good Japanese Universities for international students?
  • The best arts and design schools in Europe?
  • Hey guys i am doing engineering i am intrested in doing mba in india or other countries will any one please he
  • Am a comp sci enggr(1st yr)...i wanna enter microsoft.dats my dream company..can anyone guide me!!?
  • Are there study abroad scholarships or financial aid?
  • Where can i search the keyboard notes? Any web site u can suggest ?
  • Loans for studying abroad?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.