British student what exams are needed to go to uni in america?

Question:i am a british student i have done my gcse and passed with grade bs and cs i want to go to uni in america and i was wondering what exams i would need to do to get into a university and in america what is equivelent to gcse in america ?

GSCE's are accepted. The equivalent to them in America is a High School Diploma, so don't worry it you are fine.

Most American colleges and universities require international students to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which you can take either online (iBT) or in writing (PBT) in your home country. Note that some institutions waive this test to nationals of certain countries, so please check the admission requirements for the University you decide to study at and if you are unsure contact the International Student adviser at the college.

Below is a list of locations (scroll down until you get to the United Kingdom) where you can take this test:

In addition to this most Universities will require you to take an admissions test once you arrive there and before your studies commence. This is usually called the Basic Skills Assessment Test (BSAT).

I noticed however that you said that you had just passed your GCSE's so I am assuming that you are 16 years old. There may be an age restriction as Americans tend not to start college or university until they're 18. You should research this before you do anything else and also discuss this and your plans with your parents, as studying in America is very costly.
The standard American tests are the SAT and ACT, but a lot of American colleges will recognize foreign exams, like the GCSE.

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Which country suitable for CPA india studenta?
  • Can anybody suggest me project title for my MBA-HR?
  • Canada System for Higher Education?
  • I am 10+2 passed student with sci. What i do now?
  • What qualifications do i need to study medicine in the US?
  • Where can I find a list of European Economic Area recognised universities?
  • School In England?
  • Who knows about the como city in italy ? is it ok?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.