How do I get into the foreign exchange program?

Question:I live in Greenville, South Carolina. I'm in highschool and I want to go to another country for a year (any country really...preferably english or french speaking)

The first thing you need to do is research the various programs that are out there. Do it carefully! There are a great many of them. Those currently certified to operate in the U.S. can be found at Since a program is only as good as its local people, I suggest that you also ask your school counselor.

Rotary is the cheapest, but it also is one of the most competitive and has additional responsibilities that go with it.

I would recommend a non-English country because one of the primary benefits of an exchange year is language immersion. Be aware, if you choose a French speaking country, two years of high school French is generally required. Most other countries do not have a language requirement (good for us Americans!).

An exchange year is an exciting and wonderful opportunity! I hope you can realize your dream!
Rotary is indeed the cheapest and they have a good reputation in most countries.

Check out these websites: (click on the youth exchange link) (forum for exchangers)

Good luck and have fun!

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Which country suitable for CPA india studenta?
  • How to please a Japanese Professor?
  • International relations and homeland security and linguist major.?
  • Is there any asses to study in australia?please i wish t know if its possible please help to fine real site?
  • What do I need to do to go to Yale Uni.?
  • Is there any scholarships for master in any European country?
  • Is a 3 year undergraduate degree recognised in Canada and USA ??
  • Are they any online LVN courses to study to become a lvn.?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.