Do I need to get TESOL/CELTA if I already have a teachers' certificate?

Question:I am originally from Russia and have a MA in English Education. I also have a Texas teacher's certificate in ELAR & ESL. I am planning to go teach abroad and one of the requirements for jobs abroad is TESOL/TEFL/CELTA certificates. Do I need to get a TESOL certificate in order to get a better job abroad?

Hi there,
I can only answer for the Asia region; if you already have an MA in English Ed. from a recognized university, then you would not need further certification in any Asian countries I know of. I've been living and teaching ESL in Asia for 18 years, and run my own language school here.
you do have a certificate in ESL, TEFL and TESOL are pretty much the same thing .english as a second language or a foreign language, or to speakers of other languages... is there a difference between the three? i dont think you need another certificate...

This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

More Questions & Answers...
  • Teacher's Day Name?
  • Is it legal for my teacher to hold some of my fellow students extra time after class for horsing around?
  • What A levels do I..?
  • Is "" a safe search engine for my students if we don't have an "net nanny?"
  • Highschool Teachers: What are you looking forwhen you award kids with awards, reccomendations, honors, etc.?
  • What is Micro Economics about?
  • Teaching life science?
  • What is a good read aloud?
  • Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.