2. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
3. The dot over the letter I is called a "tittle."
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
6. The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor, who had red eyes. He was albino.
7. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents, daily.
8. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
9. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
10. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
11. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
12. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law, which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
Dumb crap that only interest me
you are a nerdy geek!
You got me. :)~
i only knew # 10
haha.yes most ppl are full of useless information
wow. that's really interesting.
I loved this info! I was just talking to someone about #10 the other day, but we didn't know which country it was! Thanks!
I knew 2 and 9. Damn and I thought I knew trivia. Those were good ones, thanks. Good crap good crap.
yes i did
i am a
(keeper of odd knowledge)
1. If it is, why does it tear?
2. Yeah, I did know that
3. I didn't know that
5. wow, that's amazing
9. I knew that
10. really, wow
Hmmmm. Let's see, I'd heard of:
1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 11 & 12
I find most of the other things interesting & am wondering where you heard about them?
Nope, it doesn't interest only you. I have heard or read most of the things you list, and I enjoyed seeing them gathered here so I could read them again!
Knew no. 9 and no.12 but thanks for the new info!!
yeah i knew a bunch of those: #1, 3, 8, 9, 10, 12
You should read "Are You Normal?" I think you'd like it. http://www.amazon.com/are-you-normal-beh...
Is all that true? where did you get this info.. i love needless information!
I know # 2, that's it.
also, before WWII, the U.S. Navy use hemp to make ropes for ships . It wasn't until synthetic rope was created that hemp was then dropped.
Sorry but many of these have been disproven by OR are totally inaccurate!
#1 is misleading, because the paper used is 75% cotton and 25% linen mixture
#2 is true
#3 is true
#4 gotta try it
5 not true see motley fool article
6 not true see snopes below
7 no way this would be tolerated
8 if shark explodes nothing to eat-false see cnn below
9 Pearl essence is just one of a long list of unsuspected animal ingredients in cosmetics
10 totally untrue see snopes
11 Ketchup comes from asian word kitjap manis
12 not true see wikipedia
wow, I only knew the last one
I had heard some of those things before, but not all of them. Thanks for taking time to share!!
Interesting! I didn't know most of them, but I did know 1, 9, and 12. Thanks for sharing! :)
This e-mail comes through periodically, someone had too much time on their hands one day, and it just never goes away
10. He was also banned for the "odd relationship" in regards to the nephews
11. You could go down to the drugstore (prior to 1915) and get heroin from the pharmicist without a prescription
Number 7 is pretty much on the dot. When my son was born, they put an alarm bracelet. We didn't notice it was still on him when we left the hospital and it didn't go off! My husband had to take the baby back to get a blood test and that's when the alarm went off. Go figure.
This is why when my grandchildren are born, we mark their foot as soon as they are out of the mother with a permanent sharpie marker!
YES I KNOW QUITE A FEW OF THOSE.
did you know that in the germanic launguages a letter with 2 dots above it is called an ottle
They all interest me too. I like reading those sorts of things
This article contents is post by this website user, EduQnA.com doesn't promise its accuracy.
More Questions & Answers...